Do you want to have a firm butt? Yes? Well then you will have to work for it.
All those women you have been seeing with amazing backsides who say that they were born that way have been lying. A well sculpted body takes some hard work.
Here’s a look into exercises you can start doing to get that derriere.
1. The squat – This is possibly the most effective butt toning exercise. You do this by standing with your feet apart and then push your hips back such that your weight lays on your heels. Push your butt as far as you can and hold. You can start by doing three sets of 15.
2. Use dumbbells – The best part about using dumbbells in your workouts is that they will tone you up fast. You can start with an upright position with dumbbells on each of your side. Bend your knees and pick up the dumbbells. Then stand up into the original upright position with them in your hands. Repeat as many times as you can.
3. The toe tap – Lie on your floor with your arms on your sides. Then lift your knees straight up. Now start tapping your toes on the floor. Start with your right toes then your left ones.
4. Perky lifts – Like the name suggests, the perky lifts will lift your butt. Start by getting down on all fours. While still in that position, lift up and straighten one leg such that it is parallel to the floor. Trace the letter P with the toes of your stretched leg then lower it and repeat the process with the other foot.
5. Yoga – Yoga isn’t just good for helping your joints relax. Incorporating yoga into your exercise routine will also firm up your back side. The good news is that Nairobi now has an adequate supply of Yoga teachers.
6. Daily changes – Instead of taking up a complete routine, you can tone your butt by adding small things to your daily schedule. You can start by standing more and walking around more. While at it, try contracting your glutes.
7. The bridge –up – You do the bridge up by lying on your back with your knees bent. Then press your hips up and hold. Then lower your hips back to the ground. Repeat as many times as you can.
8. Hip thrusts – These ones work out both your thighs and your butt. You do them by placing your shoulders on a sturdy surface while keeping your feet on the ground. Now put your hands at the back of your head and raise your hips upwards.
Source: Nairobi News